1. Conduct. You agree (i) not to use this Website to upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (ii) not to interfere with or disrupt this Website or any networks connected to this Website; (iii) not to use any device, software or routine to attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of this Website or any transactions being offered at this Website; (iv) not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Texas Gas Service's infrastructure; (v) not to use this Website to collect or harvest personal information, including, without limitation, financial information, about other users of this Website; and (vi) not to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree not to use the services available at this Website for illegal purposes, and to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to this Website.
2. Copyright Infringement. You may contact Texas Gas Service with complaints regarding allegedly infringing posted material and Texas Gas Service will investigate those complaints. If the posted material is believed in good faith by Texas Gas Service to violate any applicable law, Texas Gas Service will remove or disable access to any such material and Texas Gas Service will notify the posting party that the material has been blocked or removed in accordance with its copyright infringement policy.
3. Copyrights. The copyright in all material provided on this Website is held by Texas Gas Service or by Texas Gas Service's licensor. You acknowledge and agree that this Website contains proprietary information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through this Website, including text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software, and the arrangement and compilation of such content, are the property of Texas Gas Service or its content suppliers and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Texas Gas Service does not grant any license or authorization to any user of its copyrightable material or other intellectual property by placing them on this Website. Furthermore, except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Texas Gas Service or the copyright owner. However, you may print a copy of the information on this Website for your personal, non-commercial internal use or records. In so doing, you may not modify the material and you agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices continued in the materials. This permission does not give you ownership rights in the information and terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. If you make any other use of this Website, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States and other countries, as well as applicable state laws and may be subject to penalties.
4. Trademarks. The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the "Trademarks") used and displayed on this Website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Texas Gas Service and/or its affiliates. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website, without the prior written permission of the Trademark owner. Texas Gas Service aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. The names “Texas Gas Service” and “texasgasservice.com” and the click-for-service logo or service mark may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Website, without prior, written permission. Texas Gas Service prohibits use of the Texas Gas Service name or logo as a metatag or as a "hot" link to any Texas Gas Service website unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by Texas Gas Service in writing. If you have any questions regarding any trademarks on the Website, please contact Texas Gas Service.
5. Links. This Website may provide links to other internet websites. Texas Gas Service is not responsible for the availability of such other websites and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, products or other materials available on such other websites. Links to external web websites do not constitute an endorsement by Texas Gas Service of those websites or the sponsors of such websites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such websites. Further, Texas Gas Service reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. Texas Gas Service does not author, edit, or monitor these unofficial pages or links. You further acknowledge and agree that Texas Gas Service shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any information, goods or services available on or through any such website. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6. NO WARRANTIES. THIS SITE, ALL GOODS AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS FROM TEXAS GAS SERVICE. TEXAS GAS SERVICE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, THE TRANSACTIONS PERFORMED ON THIS SITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND/OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, TEXAS GAS SERVICE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TEXAS GAS SERVICE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) THE SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE CONTENT OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE IS COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR AVAILABLE, OR (v) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM TEXAS GAS SERVICE OR THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
7. LIMITED LIABILITY. TEXAS GAS SERVICE, ONE GAS, INC., ITS SHAREHOLDERS AND/OR AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE OR OF DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE, ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE, THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT BE INCURRED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. THIS EXCLUSION INCLUDES ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU.
11. Provision of Data. In order to participate in the services offered at this Website, you must provide certain current, complete, and accurate information about you as prompted to do so and maintain and update such information as required to keep such information current, complete and accurate. You warrant that such data is accurate and current, and that you are authorized to provide such data. You authorize us to verify such data at any time. If any data that you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Texas Gas Service retains the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your rights to use the services on this Website. Except as otherwise provided herein, any material, information or other communication ("Communications") you transmit or post to this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Texas Gas Service will have no obligations with respect to the Communications. Texas Gas Service and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the Communications and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law.
1. Types of Information Collected
a. Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect certain information when you visit our Website, including your: (I) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Website.
b. Personal Information. Personal information may include (i) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses); (ii) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); and (iii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code, age and income) (collectively "Personal Information"). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, if any, on the Website or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
c. Cookies. Like many companies, we may from time to time use "cookie" technology on our Website. "Cookies" are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the website, and allow a website to track usage behavior and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements.
2. Uses of Information Collected
We use Contact Data to send you information about our company or our services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary. We use your Financial Data to verify your qualifications for certain services and to bill you for services. We use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Website, displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We share Demographic Data with advertisers and other third parties only on an aggregate basis. Financial Data resulting from credit card or checking account debit transactions will be directed to our vendors for transaction processing.
4. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Website; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Website that require your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may email us at email@example.com.
5. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
6. User Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
If at any time you want to know what Personal Information we hold about you or wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Other Limits to Your Privacy
The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We may also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. YOU SHOULD EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN DECIDING TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THESE AREAS.
We use appropriate commercially available anti-virus software in an attempt to ensure that this Website does not contain or carry viruses. However, due to the rapidly developing nature of viruses and the Internet, we strongly recommend that you employ similar anti-virus software when accessing the Website. We make no warranty that the Website or email correspondence is free from such viruses.
9. Privacy Protection for Children Using the Internet
The Website contains energy-related information that may be of educational interest to children. We do not seek to gather personal information online from or about persons under the age of 13. We do not solicit or collect customer identifiable information targeted at children. We encourage all children and young teens to always seek consent from their parents before providing any information about themselves or their household to ANYONE on the Internet.